4.06.2007

The Showbiz Show with David Spade

So seeing as how I've been horribly inconsistent with my posts the past several weeks, I've decided to add a new, shorter type of post to the mix. They will be less critical and focus more on an idea than on a specific film or television episode. The following is one such post:

If you aren't watching The Showbiz Show With David Spade (which, let's face it, you most certainly aren't), you should be. This hilarious Daily Show meets Entertainment Tonight hybrid is on Thursday nights at 10:30 pm on Comedy Central and if you're like me, you'll find it to be the perfect dessert after NBC's "Comedy Night Done Right". (If you don't know what that means, shame on you.)

I know most of you probably aren't David Spade fans (is there such a thing?), but his sarcastic, throwaway monotone is perfect for the snide jokes he makes about the Hollywood elite. Each episode features a tv show parody (this season has already featured ones about Heroes and Battlestar Galactica, a.k.a. my two fav shows), some Weekend Update-esque jokes, a featured female comic (Edi Patterson, a great improv comic who I've had the pleasure to meet out at The Groundlings theater in L.A. was hilarious two weeks ago), and an assortment of rants and raves.

My favorite segment is one called "There I Said It," which is basically a 3 minute rant that is, in my opinion, the show's centerpiece and funniest bit. Check out this hilarious rant about Ugly Betty that aired two weeks ago. And believe me, it gets even funnier than this.

It's short, sweet, snippy and sarcastic-- a perfect comedic cherry on top of your comedy Thursday sundae.

Seen the show? Watched the Betty clip? Let me know what you think!

No comments: