5.15.2007

TV Studies Papers

Hey readers,

Thanks to those of you who signed up for the update list. Still plenty of room for more!

Hot Fuzz review is almost done, sorry for the delay. In other news, I've posted two television studies papers I wrote for school this year. You can download them here.

The "Day Break Paper" is an elaboration on the Day Break posting I did earlier this year. I go into a bit more detail in the paper. If you want to read about what I thought of the series as a whole, its strengths and shortcomings, check out this paper. It's short, about 4 pages.

The "CBSNBC Paper" is a 15 page research paper I wrote, discussing the differences in programming choices between NBC and CBS. This paper is an elaboration on the "cultural divide" piece I posted here earlier this year. It's an evenhanded examination of the different approaches each network takes towards programming, with respect to each network's individual mission and respective audience. It also includes my own definition of "Quality TV" and how it's different from regular television. It might be a bit long for you casual readers, but for those of you interested in scholarly television pursuits, I think you'll find it compelling and thought-provoking.

And in case you were wondering, yes, I did get an A. I don't want to boast-- just want you to know that it's credible work.

Please leave me some comments! Did you read the papers? Did you agree/disagree? Interested/bored? Let me know!

2 comments:

Will B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

After being part of the debate, I have to say that I loved reading your paper. Excellent work.